Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 10/22/2018
YOOOOOO alright so this week was insane.... ummmm just get ready for this story. Alright so we had a couple of visits in San Jose... which is about a 30 min walk from where we live. Alright so we are far far away and I am sick, i have to use the restroom so bad!!!! Alright so my companion and I are walking and I am dying absolutely dying! AND I have to run and sit on the ground... I am dying and then it happens. I pooped my pants. Straight liquid. It was soooooo awful, my companion was like noooooo wayyyy and we are just laughing our heads off. Keep in mind we are 30 mins away from anything walking.... yeah... this poop went down my pants and spilled out by my ankles, it was disgusting.... horrible. Anyway we are laughing our heads off and walk to a members house, to ask for a moto taxi... because no way am I walking... NOOOOOO WAYYYY!!! Anyway so then we call hermana Lorena, she is the one that cooks us dinner and lunch everyday and her son is the young davis it is hilarious. anyway Elder Padilla explains to hermana lorena what had happened, laughing his head off and it smells so bad!!!!! Anyway the smell was so bad so we decided to keep spraying me with insect repellent. for about 30 mins we are sitting their and sprayed about half a bottle of insect repellent on me waiting and waiting for this moto taxi, it finally got here!!!! IT WAS HILARIOUS. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START OUT THE MISSION. Well there is not much more to say besides I have never felt so gross in my entire life, I felt so disgusting!!! And elder padilla and I are just laughing our heads off!!!!! And you should have seen the face of the zone leaders today. it was hilarious!!!
Anyway now a spiritual story. Alright so we have been teaching this lady named ninfa and her husband pastor. it has been going really well, we will bring them together forever I just know it. So in this specific lesson, the spirit was incredible. INCREDIBLE. I will never be able to deny what I felt. Anyway so for our visit she had company over, which was perfect and we were able to teach them as well. I do not know their names, but anyway. We taught them the restoration. I don’t know spanish, I don’t know their problems but the lord does. The way elder padilla and I gave this lesson was not from the human mind. I so testify that the lord talks through his worthy servants. I promise you the lord talked through us in a celestial tongue to what they needed to hear. I remember when I was testifying and the look in their eyes. THIS IS REAL. ALL I KNOW IS THIS IS REAL. The lord touched their hearts and angels filled that porch. I testified of the book of mormon and the happiness it has brought into my life, we gave them a book of mormon and I will never forget the look in their eyes. When elder padilla was talking, this guy is a goof ball, no way he could say these things alone, anyway his testimony is incredible. Guys in a companionship their are like a hundred members. The two companions, angels, the holy ghost, Jesus Christ and God the father. I promise you this gospel is true.
Anyway I have some stuff I want to say. The lord loves you. Stop and think about this. Stop everything you are doing and listen right now. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND GOD THE FATHER LOVE YOU. Ok Now pray, pour your heart out, he will speak, and he will hold you in his arms, because he loves you!
I was sitting there during companionship study. I mean personal study, and the love of dad and of grandma and alisa filled my mind. Go read my patriarchal blessing and focus on what it says during my mission about angels.
This has not been easy at all, spanish is very hard... but the lord is here. The lord gives me something everyday to keep going. Truly it is incredible. We are going to baptize jonathan this weekend. He is a 14 year old boy with an incredible testimony. We were going to baptize wendy... this broke my heart. Wendy is 14 and really wants to be baptized. Her mother said no, she needs to learn more. Broke our hearts. But....
I am here to bring his sheep back, to take these people by the hand and to bring them to the arms of the savior. That is my purpose. He will take every single soul into his loving arms. That is what is so incredible about our lord. He loves allllll
Mom thank you for everything. Thank you for raising me with love. Thank you so much. 2 years is nothing, we get to be together for eternity, how amazing is that. I love it here, My spanish is improving every day, but I AM NOTHING WITHOUT THE LORD. I know that is true. I know it is true. Thank you for teaching me how to work hard, how to love everyone, and how to rely on the lord. People need to hear your testimonies, you need to be missionaries. Share your life, share your testimonies, show your example and you will do even then you already have.
I want to hear from everyone! I love getting everyones messages. I don’t have pictures this week, next week you guys will get some and YES I am safe.
I LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART
SEE YOU LATER!!! REMEMBER GOD IS YOUR LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER AND HE LOVES EACH OF YOU PERFECTLY AND PERSONALLY! PLEASE SEND EVERYONE MY LOVE AND THE LOVE OF THEIR SAVIOR TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU MEET AND KNOW I LOVE YOU!!!
Comments
Post a Comment