Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 12/3/2018
YOOOOOO ALRIGHT FIRST OFF PEEPS LET ME TELL YA THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN BEING A MISSIONARY NOTHING CAN BE AS REWARDING AS THIS WORK!!!!
Alright everyone this story man ok so first I was honestly having the hardest time of my life and then the lord gave me this experience making THIS THE BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE!!!
Katerin!!!! SHE IS INCREDIBLE!!!!! Alright so she is 18 years old and to give you a little backstory on her she was born in honduras moved to the states when she was 4 and moved back here when she was 13 and has lived here ever since. She now has the most beautiful little boy, I don’t know where the father is but she lives with her brother. We will teach and bring her brother unto christ in the future. She has been searching for her whole life, she had been praying forever and she finally received an answer to talk to the missionaries. This specific lesson our 3rd lesson we knew we needed to set a baptismal date. the lord has prepared her and that is the truth! Alright so during the lesson we talked about repentance and faith. She can speak perfect english because she lived in the states for a long time so I said these words in english. I want to tell you what i said, because they are the words from the lord. No way this guy could say these words, the lord works through his missionaries I promise you that. I told you Katerin repentance is a very very special gift we have received from our savior. It is the opportunity to leave every bad feeling, mistake, all the pain behind and to become a new person. It simply does not matter what you have done in your life, IT DOES NOT MATTER!! because he lives and he has the power to heal, to bring joy comfort and light in your life and it doesn't matter what you have done if you pray and repent he will come with his healing power.
She then looked at me and I will never forget the light of christ that filled her eyes and that filled the room. She then asked me what if someone leaves the church and wants to come back, what happens because I have been to other churches that when someone leaves and wants to come back people are horrible and despise that person, so what happens. I looked at her and the only thing i said was it is the same. It is always the same. She looked at me and said how, how is that possible. I looked at her and said because christ lives and this is his church. He teaches us to not judge to love as he loves and to always accept no matter what. it does not matter if you have not prayed for ever, it doesn't matter if you haven't read or gone to church in 20 years because the exact second you come back christ is there, and the church is there,. You will never be judged because that is what christ teaches us.
EVERYONE IF YOU ARE A MEMBER and if you are not still please listen to this. But PLEASE BE WHO CHRIST TEACHES US TO BE AND NEVER TO JUDGE NEVER. Please accept love and heal every person that return sor comes to the church, or anyone for that matter. Always love and never judge.
Anyway the light of christ was in this home I promise you the savior entered into the hearts of katerin and elder padilla and i. Then we talked to her about baptism and asked her if she would pray to see if baptism was the right thing for her. She looked at us and said I already received my answer. I want this in my life for me and my boy. I know i need this and i want this. I almost broke down in tears because of the happiness that this brought, the joy that this brought into the live of katerin. We set the date the 15th of december and she was like NOOOO WAY can I get baptized right now, like right now I don't have to wait. We looked at her with a huge smile and said no, all it takes is a desire to come. She thought she was going to have to wait for months but she was so happy when she didn't have to!!!!
This is my favorite part of this story.... everytime we leave her house, she looks at her little boy and says You are going to be like them some day. Christ is working wonders and not just her in my area all around the world. How incredible is it that we have the truth, how incredible is it that we have this gospel!! EVERYONE SO SHARE IT!! CHRIST WANTS HIS SHEEP SO GO OUT AND SPREAD LOVE SPREAD HIS LOVE BE HIS MISSIONARY. You don't have to leave your house for two years to be a missionary. Everyone we have the light and just like katerin he is preparing people to receive the truth, so share his love share his light and the lord will work wonders!!!
I will be staying in coyoles until march. I want to stay longer. I never want to leave this area!! Tell Josh we watched the saratov approach today and it was the best all i could think about was how happy i am to be on a mission!
Alright so on to the pictures. Sooooo this is moses in the picture and he will be baptized this coming month, he is like my best friend and I never want to leave this guy for real he is the man!!!! He has such an incredible desire to follow christ and man he comes to church every week and it is so awesome he will be baptized soon!!!!
Next the one where my eye is all messed up. Before we were teaching Moses, him and his friend julio were playing with fire crackers and we dropped it and all booked it then i ran into a line where they hang their laundry it was hilarious!! so my eye is all messed up hahahahah!!!!!
Oh and in one of the pictures are a bunch of kids from the ward and other investigatores. The man in the middle is hno matamoro and he is the man. He lives about 30 min in bus away from the church but built this moto that can pile in like 20 people it is awesome and he drives so many people to church everyday it is the best! But all these kids we teach a short lesson every wednesday and then play sports! We play footall and soccer and I am just filled with pure happiness it is the best!!!
NEVER FORGET HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!!! mamamama please share this gospel continue to share the light that is in your heart!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! With the experiences you have had you have the ability to touch the lives of numerous people so share.!
MAMAMAMAM I AM SO SORRY BUT I HAVE TO GO I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD NEVER FORGET HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO ME!!!!!!!!!! GO DOMINATE THIS WEEK AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE AMAZING TIMES WE HAVE HAD AND THE AMAZING TIMES WE WILL HAVE AND THAT WE GET TO LIVE TOGETHER FOREVER HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT!!!!
Comments
Post a Comment