Elder Byrge's Updates on Honduras 11/12/2018

YOOOOOOOOOOOO so I have a story. Alright so there is this family. The mother is a member but the husband and the son are not. The father has been an investigator for 20 years!! And he knows it is all true but he won’t act on it. One night we were visiting this family and we were just talking about elder padillas family and my family, I told them how crazy you guys are. But I explained to them that my dad had passed away, and then they asked how do I have peace and happiness. I looked at them and with a smile said let’s start out with a prayer. Elder padilla gave the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard. Not what he said, but the power of his heart. It brought me to tears. Alright but anyway I started with the lesson. I told them that for about 3 years after dad had died I was lost, and i had so much pain in my soul. I was full of anger and despair I was yearning for happiness but could not find it. Then I told them that I found christ. I found christ. I read 2 nephi 31:20 and explained that this is the purpose of the gospel. And this is how I have been filled with so much peace and happiness and hope! Because of this verse! I have no more pain, no more sorrow, because of christ. Because of the simple fact that he lives. He is real. And I am so thankful for that wonderful truth. He is real. I learned two things in this lesson. Always be ready because the lord will put people in your path when you were not even thinking about teaching or sharing. And this amazing truth, i learn everyday. everyday. HE LIVES!! EVERYONE HE LIVES!! HE is real. And when i taught this lesson the light of christ that filled the room, the love and peace of our savior was there. Angels filled the room, the savior was with us and I have no doubt about that. I know this man that has been an investigator for 20 years, the lord has been preparing him and the lord will heal him.

Alright My other story. Do you remember jonatan! He is the young boy I baptized about 2 weeks ago. alright so everytime he has come to church he has not had any clothes. But this sunday, in the tiny ward of coyoles, he came with a shirt and tie and pants and shoes. He passed the sacrament for the first time and the light of christ is in his heart. We made a disciple. well the lord did all the work. But at this moment I have never been so happy. to see the lord truly change a life, because once again he lives!!!! He lives. Jonatan then came with us to visit some people and it was incredible. he is so happy because of christ!

All i can tell you is the lord is preparing the people in my area, we are going to bring the people unto christ because the lord has been preparing these people. And we continue to gain new investigators. The whole day we have something to do, somewhere to be. Because the lord has prepared this place for his gospel. And let me tell you angels and the savior lift me up every day. And I am so thankful for this truth.

I love you all more than anything!

That makes me so happy to hear all that about everyone. THank you for keeping me updated!!! I need everyone, I needs everyone's strength, because no this is not easy. But yes so worth it. So worth it.

Elder padilla has helped me so much. He told me “The savior went through everything right, and he needed help right, right the savior needed help, he needed strength and he is not weak. So accept help from others because that savior needed help too”. I never thought of this. and I am so thankful for my wonderful companion, I love that the savior needed help. And that means we need help too. Hey right now i need some prayers from you and from anyone, BUT I AM SO HAPPY DON’T GET ME WRONG!! But i need the strength of the people I love and the people that are special in my life!!!

I AM SO HAPPY THATS ALL CAN SAY!!!!!!!! and I want to be a missionary forever for forever!!!! I am dead every day but that is a good sign!!!!!!!! I can feel the prayers! But know I am doing amazing and the savior is holding me in his arms!

Pray for the lord to focus me completely that I get so lost in the work and that I can learn this crazy language.

One of the pictures was in the ctm at the temple. The two latinos are my teachers hermano moralas and hermano arrango, they changed my life. I love them!!

It’s hard being here sometimes because I think about the luxuries of life that these people here don’t have. You can pray for these people, pray and pray some more and that will be enough for me!!!

AND I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND PLEASE KNOW THAT I PRAY FOR YOU EVERYDAY!!!!! Really everyday!!!

Hey i wanna give everyone a challenge. Be worthy and ready, the and pray to the lord everyday and be guided by him to lift someone. That is all I ask of the fam!! But i seriously want to know everything about everything!!!!!!!
Tomorrow we have a meeting in san pedro, so tonight i spend the night in olanchtio with the zone leaders and then wake up at 2 go to san pedro, 8 hours, and then have the meeting and then travel back at the end of the night. so my day tomorrow will be amazing hahahahahah I am actually so excited because I will get to see all my friends from the ccm!!

GOLF PANTS!! BEST THINGS TO WEAR HERE IN THE WORLD!!!!! ummm i have no idea how to explain my area, you need to look it up on google maps, coyoles, and you will understand how I am living and why I have never been so happy!

Everyday I wake up, study, Work, we are busy all day because so many people love the joy that this message brings! How awesome is it that the savior lives and he is among these people in my area!!

I have learned the purpose of this gospel is love, hope and to live together forever. Whenever i talk about eternal families, I talk about that in every lesson because that is what people need to hear!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!! Christ lives and we can have eternal families. so let’s work now so that eternity can be pure peace!

It is the lord, i do nothing he does it all, all i do is walk and smile

I HAVE TO GO  LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

(You may correspond directly with Braxton through his email: braxton.byrge@myldsmail.net)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 12/3/2018

Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 11/26/2018