Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 11/19/2018
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Alright I had the craziest week of my entire life! Oh and I love you guys more than anything remember that!!!
Alright this was the hardest week of my entire life. The hardest week without a doubt. Alright so first we went to san pedro, for a meeting with all the new missionaries. I got to see all my guys and that was dope!! And so we woke up at 12:30 in the morning and then went to san pedro, 8 hour bus ride. And then we returned that same day. 16 hours in a bus wow no fun! Then the next day we had splits in olanchito with the zone leaders, olanchito is like 30 mins bus ride from coyoles and I do not love olanchito so that day was just not fun. I was so sad honestly, the stupid devil was working on me so much. And then thursday we had to go to ceiba. which is like a 3 hour bus ride. So we wake up at 2 am. While we were sitting on the bus at 2 am I broke down crying. I was missing you mom and the fam and my friends, I am just crying and bawling my eyes out at 2 am. And all elder padilla does is talk about our investigators. An hour went by and I didn’t even notice and I was filled with pure joy because all we did was focus on others.
Then it all came back and thursday night was probably the hardest night of my life.
But the lord gave me two incredible experiences
Alright first so hno matamoros is a member and he is the man. We were visiting with him and his fam and then his niece called and said I need to talk to the missionaries. We go over to her house with hno matamoros and she tells us a big long story about how all she has been doing for years is praying and praying to know the truth for years. And then last night she finally got her answer, she needs to talk with us with the missionaries. And let me tell ya, she is ready and the lord has been preparing her for us and how incredible is that!!!!!!!
I AM SO HAPPY I AM NOT JOKING SO HAPPY!!!!!
The next experience, ok this one is incredible and is my most sacred and best time of my mission. Alright so there is this family in carril, about a 40 min walk in another town from where we live. Bitalina is the grandma, Rafa is the father, Lilian is the mother and Ariel is the 10 year old son. Thy also have a little baby boy. I have no idea what is is with this family but I feel so close to them, so close!! LIke I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT I GAVE THEM A PROMISE THAT I WOULD FIND THEM AND BRING THEM UNTO CHRIST. I know this without a doubt. First we walk up to this house, and right when we walk into their yard, there is a spirit there. The presence of angels, I am telling you I have never felt the spirit this strong in my life. Alright we start the lesson, rafa has a bunch of questions about missions and about the church and you know by the look in his eyes and his families eyes they need the gospel and they have been searching for this gospel. for this church. for christ. Alright we begin the lesson and elder padilla gave the most beautiful prayer blessing this home with the spirit and as he said these words the presence of angels filled this home, well we are outside but still. And all we did with them was read 3 nephi 11. I am praying my heart out that this family feels the light of christ something that they need and I know without a doubt they did. This chapter is the best chapter you can read. I am telling you it is incredible. We begin to read this and as we read, as they read. The presence of a celestial beings were with us and I knew it without a doubt. he lives. But anyway the whole time the lord gave me a promise to give this family and I knew I needed to say this so specific. Elder padilla gave a beautiful testimony about the authority and power of god and baptism and everything. Then I talked, and I am not joking the savior gave me every word. I have never felt the savior fill my mouth with words so powerfully like this before. HE was right beside us teaching his sheep i know it. The things i said were so specific and I want to write them down because these are the words the savior gave me . I said... This chapter is incredible, this chapter is incredible. Look when it talks about how the multitude fell to the earth, and what did christ say, the first thing he said was arise and come unto me. I promise you it does not matter what happened in your past, it doesn’t matter what has happened he is there, he is here. He is here. he calls after you, to arise, to come and to receive everything. So come. I want to give you, as a family a promise.... as i said these words the savior guided me to say this so specifically, I have never felt his presence this strong, I have never felt his desire to bring his sheep into his fold this strongly before, he lives....I promise you as a family if you read this book, if you read this book, every time, everytime you read it the blessings of heaven the doors of heaven will be open an the blessings of heaven will pour out upon this home and here for your family. please read it, and you will receive blessings you never thought possible. He lived, he died, and he lives again. He lives to heal and to love and to bring happiness, he lives.... I have never felt the presence of my savior this strong. Then elder padilla gave the most incredible testimony about this book he talked about the power and the truth. I know they will come unto god. unto christ. This family I have never felt the love the savior has for his people, the light he brings, i have never felt him and the presence of angel this strongly. As we said goodbye to this family the look in rafas eyes, the light of christ was in him and his eyes were full of tears. I promise you everyone he lives, he is real. HE LIVES COME UNTO HIM AND HE WILL HEAL YOU, Come unto him!!!
I want to give everyone this same promise, if you read the book of mormon, if you ponder it in your heart the blessings of heaven will be poured out upon you and you will feel the presence of your savior, read please, he loves you and he lives, just read and he will come.
I learned the most important lesson in the world. The lord takes you down to lift you higher than you ever thought you could go. Early this week it was the hardest time of my life, without a doubt I was done, I was hurting, I couldn't go on. The lord brings you down to lift you up. HE gave me this experience. The most sacred , happy, joyful experience of my life. AND NOW I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY AND I NEVER EVER WANT TO LEAVE COYOLES I AM SERIOUS I AM SO HAPPY!!! And that is because the lord lifted me so high SO HIGH.
Everyone if you are hurting, hold on, hold ona little longer, continue to read, to pray and the live the gospel, because just around the corner, heaven will be opened and the happiness of christ will come into you heart and into your life. Just hold on because the lord is about to lift you higher than you ever thought possible!
OK ARE YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FOR ALL THE MISSIONARIES!!! THat is seriously the coolest thing in the whole world!! I TOLD MY DISTRICT ABOUT THE PROJECT AND THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN THEIR LIVES!! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES!!!! THat makes me so happy oh my heavens!!!!!!!!
Elder Padilla leaves january 2 so he will be here with me for Christmas!! I do not need anything else don’t worry mama!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!
The meeting in San Pedro was so awesome to see all my guys!! And no they do not celebrate thanksgiving here hahahaha I am bummed about that!!!
Umm I sweat SOOOO MUCH LITERALLY EVERYDAY!! It is crazy! MOM I AM SO FAT I LOVE THE FOOD!! I can’t stop eating they just feed and feed me it is awesome, I never work out hahahahahaha
Funny thing the other day we were teaching and the lady ended up knowing english, she had lived in the us for 9 years. I could talk in english, I tried to teach in english but literally i stopped and started in spanish!! HOW FUNNY IS THAT!!
It’s raining a ton!! OHHHHH AND ELDER DE LA ROSA AND I GOT TO PLAY BALL TODAY WITH THE BALL YOU SENT ME!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIS FACE HE HAS NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY!! AND HE IS SO GOOD AND WE BALLED OUT IT WAS DOPE
OHHHH AND ALSO THE SOCCER BALLS; THE BALLS BROUGHT SO MUCH HAPPINESS TO THE KIDS HERE AND WE ARE GOING TO PLAY EVERY WEDNESDAY WITH BUNCH OF JOVENS!!!!! AND WE ARE ALSO GAINING A TON OF INVESTIGATORS FROM THIS ACTIVITY ALL BECAUSE YOU SENT A BALL!! YOU GUYS ARE AN ANGEL!!! and you have done some incredible missionary work here in Honduras!!!
I HAVE TO GO I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING!! I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN ANYTHING!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Comments
Post a Comment