Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 11/5/2018
YOOOOO alright so umm that is so dope that you got to go to flippin seattle!! One of my favorite cities in the world!!!! Well not really honduras is way better hahahah!!!
We are ok, gosh Goldberg calm it down there, hahahahahaha I have not got the package yet, so i don’t know it might be stolen I am in honduras hahahahah!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
This experience is for the fam, alright so on sunday we got a referral for a family in carril. Alright so my area is coyoles, we live in the colonia, there is also three other cities, san jose, coyoles central and carril. San jose is about a 45 min walk or 10 min bus ride from us and carril is about an hour walk and coyoles central is about 45 min walk. But this referral was is carril, and it was incredible. So we are walking and walking and holy cow let me tell yeah, you guys thought i sweated and smelt bad at home, you should see me here, but i love it more than anything. Anyway so we get to this house finally, and it's a family of a wife, husband, two little boys, and a grandma. They really really are so interested in our message and in the church. Before i start, I have never felt so close to my savior, and the spirit so strong during this lesson, and here is why. So we start teaching the restoration, and in the middle of the lesson, the spirit tells us no. that is not what they need to hear. So elder padilla, this dude is so intuned with the spirit it is incredible. But anyway he starts talking about eternal families, and the presence of angels. Alright and then the spirit told me to tell my story, our story. I talked about how after dad had died I was lost, and i knew not where to go. But then i found christ, i found the peace and the happiness that we can be with our families forever. And now I am not sad, the peace of christ has filled my soul, because I know he lives and his purpose is so that we can live with our families forever. As we said these words, the light of christ illuminated their minds, it was incredible, the spirit of the Lord was in all our hearts. I learned something very valuable, we do not know their needs, but the lord does. so follow his promptings, follow him and we can touch the hearts of these people by bringing his spirit UNTO their hearts. Find the scripture in 1 nephi about that UNTO their hearts.
I love it here and I learned the most valuable lessons this week. BE HUMBLE!!! I learned this and how grateful i am for this!!!!!!
Alright all you lovely people out there, I got a funny story.
Alright so my very first day, very first day. I knew one word and that was baptism. We went contacting you know and I am in another country and can't talk because I don’t know spanish hahahahah but anyway, this guy comes up to me a little skecthy, buuuttttt He starts going off just saying his whole life story, my companion was talking to someone else for a second so I was all alone, with a man that spoke the fastest spanish I had ever heard, and so yeah I had no idea what this guy was saying, but then I hear the word baptism.... I WAS PUMPED!!! I was like elder padilla elder padilla this dude wants to get baptized!!!!!! He wants it!!!!! elder padilla laughs and starts walking off and I am like dude we gotta teach this guy. Elder padilla leaned over to me and said dude this guy is high as a kite right now he has no idea what was going on, man i felt like an idiot and elder padilla just laughed his head off!!
Alright but now I want everyone to go listen to the lyrics, with your heart, remember that with your heart, go listen to the lyrics of “I know that my redeemer lives”. also this song is wayyyyyy better in spanish, but go listen. with your heart. And I so testify you will feel the present of your savior, your brother. He lives and i so testify that he does.
YOOOOO alright so umm that is so dope that you got to go to flippin seattle!! One of my favorite cities in the world!!!! Well not really honduras is way better hahahah!!!
We are ok, gosh Goldberg calm it down there, hahahahahaha I have not got the package yet, so i don’t know it might be stolen I am in honduras hahahahah!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Alright so on sunday we got a referral for a family in carril. Alright so my area is coyoles, we live in the colonia, there is also three other cities, san jose, coyoles central and carril. San jose is about a 45 min walk or 10 min bus ride from us and carril is about an hour walk and coyoles central is about 45 min walk. But this referral was is carril, and it was incredible. So we are walking and walking and holy cow let me tell yeah, you guys thought i sweated and smelt bad at home, you should see me here, but i love it more than anything. Anyway so we get to this house finally, and it's a family of a wife, husband, two little boys, and a grandma. They really really are so interested in our message and in the church. As we shared our message, the light of christ illuminated their minds, it was incredible, the spirit of the Lord was in all our hearts. I learned something very valuable, we do not know their needs, but the lord does. So follow his promptings, follow him and we can touch the hearts of these people by bringing his spirit UNTO their hearts. Find the scripture in 1 nephi about that UNTO their hearts.
I love it here and I learned the most valuable lessons this week. BE HUMBLE!!! I learned this and how grateful i am for this!!!!!!
Alright all you lovely people out there I got a funny story.
Alright so my very first day, very first day. I knew one word and that was baptism. We went contacting you know and I am in another country and can't talk because I don’t know spanish hahahahah but anyway, this guy comes up to me a little skecthy, buuuttttt He starts going off just saying his whole life story, my companion was talking to someone else for a second so I was all alone, with a man that spoke the fastest spanish I had ever heard, and so yeah I had no idea what this guy was saying, but then I hear the word baptism.... I WAS PUMPED!!! I was like elder padilla elder padilla this dude wants to get baptized!!!!!! He wants it!!!!! elder padilla laughs and starts walking off and I am like dude we gotta teach this guy. Elder padilla leaned over to me and said dude this guy is high as a kite right now he has no idea what was going on, man i felt like an idiot and elder padilla just laughed his head off!!
Alright but now I want everyone to go listen to the lyrics, with your heart, remember that with your heart, go listen to the lyrics of “I know that my redeemer lives”. also this song is wayyyyyy better in spanish, but go listen. with your heart. And I so testify you will feel the present of your savior, your brother. He lives and i so testify that he does.
My moto for my mission i decided is “every day”. Everyday, go listen to everyday from high school musical, great song. But anyway everyday. Give the lord everyday. Everyone at home, I want to give you a challenge and also a promise. We have the most important knowledge, and that is that christ lives and we can live with our families forever. Alright we have this, we have this knowledge, so go share it. Share it everyday. Everyone we are all missionaries, elder uchtdorf said we are a missionary people. That is true, go share it, if you talk about this gospel to someone, or share the light of christ, help ease someone’s burden, help someone to feel of the love of the savior or to just feel a little better, he will carry you throughout your life. If you give the lord everyday, just by serving, sharing or loving, its so simple, he will lift you and carry you. i know this is true. so I want everyone, everyday to the lord, it can’t be something so small and simple but give something, something to the lord every day, and he will comfort your heart.
My week hmmmmmmmmm ummmm it was just an awesome week!! We are gaining a ton of investigators and there is so much work to do here!! Also i get to stay here for 6 months!! WHICH I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE MY AREA!!!!!I wake up everyday just thankful and excited that i get to serve the lord!
Roatan, yeah I NEVER WANT TO GO THERE!!! It’s the island in my mission where all the cruise ships come in. THEY SPEAK ENGLISH AND I JUST WANT TO STAY IN THE COUNTRY MY WHOLE MISSION!!!
We will be staying in the same house, the little hut I told you about before. The new house they wanted to move us to had the same feeling as the one house we stayed at in Florida, so we will not be staying there. Elder padilla and I both felt the same way. It was just like the Florida house all over again CRAZY!
Elder padilla ends his mission in 2 months and it’s so sad!! I LOVE THIS GUY!!
And guess what there are no weird animals or anything just big spiders!
BALEADAS ARE MY FAVORITES I DON’T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT, so that’s kinda funny hahahahaahh!!! Sister De Bueso cooks for us. She is so sweet. This family we are with a ton I show them pictures of our family and they LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Also elder padilla says I LOOK JUST LIKE DAD and that I have a beautiful smile and everyone here loves my blue eyes!! Which is so awesome!!!
I HAVE TO GO I AM SO SORRY!! !I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! AND I WILL BE BETTER AT TELLING YOU MORE ABOUT MY WEEK NEXT WEEK HAHAHA BUT JUST KNOW I AM SO HAPPY!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!! AND I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!! BUT WE GET ETERNITY; ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT IN YOUR HARD TIMES; WE GET AN ETERNITY OF PEACE!!!
Comments
Post a Comment