Elder Byrge's Updates from Honduras 10/15/2018
I LOVE IT Here so much!!! IT is incredible!!!! Ok so my first day was crazy, we show up to Honduras and then we get assigned our companions and they through us in the field!! LIKE WHAT!! And then my companion and I had an 8 HOUR bus ride!!!! HOLY COW SO LONG!!! But that is ok!!! I slept the whole time so it was ok!! SO we get to Olanchito and then we find some members and they feed us this food and it was AMAZING!! It was so funny though we are walking up and down the streets with all our stuff for like an hour and then we finally find this members house!! And then we stay with the zone leaders for a night in their apartment because our actual area is another 30 mins away on bus hahahahah!
But let me tell you the zone leaders are incredible!!! TRULY INCREDIBLE!!!! I love this guys!!! Oh and my companion is INCREDIBLE!!! ELDER PADILLA!! WE ARE LIKE BROTHERS ALREADY!!!
Ok but then in the morning we go to our area. You will not love this part but I think it is awesome!! I am living in this two room tiny hut thing with no running water and tweolights!! I have to take bucket showers every morning! And my area is sooooo poor, it is incredible. All dirt roads everyone has these tiny houses but can I tell you. EVERYONE HERE IS INCREDIBLE THE MEMBERS ARE INCREDIBLE!!!! The people here soooo nice everyone is willing to talk to us!!
Ok so my spanish, It is improving dramatically every day!! I don’t ever remember the last time I spoke in english which is crazy!! But I have been able to bare my testimony so many times and colby was right, the first vision has so much power... but we have three baptisms on the 27th and we had two baptisms today!! My first two baptisms!!!! It was incredible. Carlos David Bueso Piendad, and Alina Danel Rachalez Gonzalez!! IT was incredible!! I also bore my testimony on Sunday which was really cool! So I can understand everything when we are talking about gospel topics!!! And not really much other than that but it is improving every day!!! And also I can speak with my companion pretty well now!!
Ummmmmmmm oh shoot this Carlos David Bueso Piendad we baptized is DAVIS!!! When davis was fat davis this kid describes him perfectly!!! IT is soooooo funnny!! Me AND HIM HAVE A HANDSHAKE IT IS THE SAME AS MINE AND CADES THAT PARKER TAUGHT US!!!! This has been the most incredible and humbling experience of my entire life!! Today I found out our area is huge!!!!!!!
Ok here is something I want everyone to read. Ok everyone go read John 15. The parable of the prodigal son. Alright focus on the verse that says the father ran to his son and kissed him. Then read this next part, but listen in your heart to what the savior is telling you. Listen in your heart to what he is telling you. Listen with your heart. The father ran to him. he ran, he ran and he kissed him and accepted him as if he had never been gone. IT DOES NOT MATTER if you haven’t prayed to god in 20 years, IT DOES NOT MATTER if you haven’t followed him in 10 years, It does not matter if you have not been with him for a time.... BECAUSE THE EXACT TIME YOU COME BACK THAT EXACT MOMENT HE WILL RUN, HE WILL RUN TO YOU PICK YOU UP AND CARRY YOU. HE WILL LOVE YOU AS IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN GONE, HE WILL HOLD YOU IN HIS ARMS AS IF YOU HAD NEVER LEFT AND IF YOU GO TO HIM HE WILL ACCEPT YOU WITH LOVE BECAUSE HS IS YOUR SAVIOR. Please go back to him. He needs you. He wants you back in his safe arms. He wants you back. Go to him and he will run to you. I so promise this is true. Ok so listen to what is the savior is impressing on your heart. Go back to his arms, and he there.
Ok so i only have like 5 more mins but there is this one family, the picture is of them with the little boy and they feed us lunch and dinner! Oh and I am so close with my companion, so your trainer is called your papa so he is my papa and I love him with all my heart!
Oh and by the way this area has been closed down from missionaries for about 9 months now. We have come here and can I tell you the lord has been preparing them. We have 14 investigators and already so many people on the path to baptism!! The members are a huge help!!! OH AND our area is huuuuggggeee we walk probably 5 miles a day! It has been amazing!!!!
I have three Angels picking me up everyday. Grandma Sally, Dad and yes Alisa. The lord has sent these three beautiful beings, They have seen the savior. I know it with all my heart, how incredible is that. I have never been happier as I am right now!
Oh and my shoes are incredible!!! We have the best food in the whole world!!!!!!!!!! We are at the church to check our emails.UMMMMM I get an hour every monday! and now I need nothing! All I need is prayers! I am so happy and I have felt your prayers, pray as a family for me to receive the gift of tongues everyday please. The power of prayer is real I know it. I love you and I love our family!!
(you may correspond directly with Braxton through his email: braxton.byrge@myldsmail.net)
Comments
Post a Comment